O'Brien Centre for Sciences
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL INTERNSHIP CONFERENCE DUBLIN
We’re thrilled to be partnering with University College Dublin (UCD) and Education in Ireland for IIC 2024 on the campus of the University College Dublin. All Sessions will take place in the O’Brien Centre for Sciences, O’Reilly Hall and FitzGerald Debating Chamber.
Attendance will be comprised of: Faculty; College, University & High School Internship Practitioners; 3rd party service providers; Government policy makers, Employers and Students in the fields of International Internships and Work Integrated Learning.
Thanks to our CONFERENCE HOSTS: UCD & Education in Ireland CONFERENCE PARTNER:The PIE News (Official Media Partner); CURRENT SPONSORS: iCent (Diamond), Global Career Center (Gold); FIE: Foundation for International Education (Lanyard); Absolute Internship (Silver); Failte Ireland (Silver).
2024 CONFERENCE THEME
Conference Theme: Adapting to Change: Thriving in the Global Internship Landscape. The world of work, and by extension, Work Integrated Learning is changing at a dramatic pace; the only constant is change itself! The 2024 IIC will address, confront and examine the nature of Change in the field of International Internships and explore ways in which Students, Faculty, Employers, Policy Makers, and Providers are Adapting to challenges and opportunities in order to Thrive in the Global Internship Landscape.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: The 2024 IIC Call for Proposals is now open! The CFP elicits proposals on the official conference theme, innovative ideas, effective solutions, and innovative presentation delivery methods. Anyone whose proposal is accepted will benefit by receiving a $100 discount off of the Super Early Bird Registration Rate.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS: The 2024 IIC Call for Proposals will also provide an opportunity for the field to nominate individuals and institutions who have made a significant and lasting impact on the field of International Internships. The 2023 Indy Conference recognized Mike True, Mary King and Bill Nolting with Lifetime Achievement Awards… who should be recognized in 2024!?
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration rates in $USD. The cost of Full Conference Registration includes:
All Sessions, Access to the Exhibitor Hall, Welcome & Farewell Receptions, 2 Lunches and 4 Refreshment Breaks.
To make things simple and transparent, there are 2 Tiers of pricing which rewards early registration.
- SUPER EARLY BIRD USD $645 (Oct 4, 2023 – December 15, 2023)
- EARLY BIRD USD $695 (December 16, 2023 – March 22, 2024)
- REGULAR USD $745 (March 23 – June 18, 2023)
- USD $1800-$1900 (Oct. 4, 2023 – June 1, 2024 or while supplies last
- Exhibitor Packages include: 2 Delegate Registrations, 2 Full Days in the Exhibitor Hall, 6′ Table, 2 Chairs, Electricity, Wifi, Full Access to all Conference Events and sessions, Mention in the Conference Program, APP, Signage, and Website.
- OPTIONAL – IRISH CULTURAL EVENING – JOHNNIE FOX’S PUB June 19, 2024
- USD $100 Price Includes: 3-Course Meal, Traditional “Hooley Show” with interactive singing, dancing and merriment, 2 Alcoholic/Soft Drink Tickets, Round-trip Transportation to Johnnie Fox’s Pub “the highest Pub in Ireland”. INFO
IRISH CULTURAL EVENING AT JOHNNIE FOX'S PUB
JOHNNIE FOX’S PUB – DINNER & HOOLEY SHOW, Wednesday June 19: 6:30pm – 10:00pm
Join your colleagues and friends for a night of great food, drink and merriment at the “Highest Pub in Ireland“! The evening showcases a sumptuous 3-Course Traditional Irish Meal; 2 Drinks (per person); a Hooley show featuring traditional Irish Music; Dancing and Singing; and round-trip transportation to/from UCD. The evening is not to be missed. Space is limited, so register early!
IIC DUBLIN aims to be both Green and affordable. We are offering Accommodation in one of the fabulous UCD Residences and 2 Hotel Options which are an easy commute to UCD.
Accommodation pricing TBA:
- UCD Residence
- University District Hotel
- City Centre Dublin:
There are a limited number of rooms available, so book early to ensure you’re not disappointed.
2023 INDY CONFERENCE - LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
The 2023 International Internship Conference bestowed Lifetime Achievement Awards to 3 Giants in the field of Internships:
- Mary A. King, Professor Emerita (Retired), Fitchburg State University, NSEE Distinguished Scholar and Co-Author of The Successful Internship.
- William “Bill” Nolting, Assistant Director for Education Abroad (Retired), University of Michigan; Co-Author of Models and Practices for Internships, Service Learning, and Volunteering Abroad, NAFSA Publication; and Co-Creator of the ISLRA LISTSERV.
- Michael “Mike” True, Senior Associate, Talent Development (Retired), Messiah College; President of INTRUEITION; Author of InternQube: Professional Skills for the Workplace; and Creator of this LISTSERV!
2023 CONFERENCE: HOSTS, PARTNERS & SPONSORS
INTERNSHIP NAVIGATOR TOOL
Simply click on the interactive world map to explore our community’s internship programs around the world. If you don’t see the right fit, we encourage you to visit back frequently as the Network is growing!
JOIN OUR NETWORK
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Thinking of starting an International Internship program, or expanding the fields of study and destinations that you offer your students? You may want to explore forming an internship partnership with those in our community. Simply click on the Request For Proposal (RFP) Button to submit a customized RFP. The RFP service is absolutely free, and you’re under no obligation to commit to a program until you’re completely satisfied that your parameters and standards are met.